- Published on Tuesday, 17 April 2012 14:11
- Written by DAYLA BROWN
Movie reveals difficulties in cultural blending
While growing up, Ejikeme had to learn how to blend into Canadian culture while holding on to her own roots. At 26, she faced the biggest struggle of all: to marry a man of a different faith or to submit to an arranged marriage her parents signed her into.
- Published on Friday, 23 March 2012 10:44
- Written by RIAD KADRI
Annual Easter show features more than 800 tables at BMO Centre
This year's Easter weekend will mark the 50th anniversary of the Calgary gun show – the city's largest exposition of firearms, military collectables, firearm awareness exhibits and educational displays.
- Published on Friday, 10 February 2012 11:04
- Written by SCOTT KINGSMITH
Production of music, theatre and painted men at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
It may feel like a rock concert, but instead three men dressed in black hit the stage – bald and blue. Wait! Blue?
- Published on Tuesday, 07 February 2012 12:55
- Written by MARIA BITTER
Alberta Ballet presents timeless fairytale for the second time
Join Alberta Ballet as they invite you to an enchanted ball with pointe shoes, tights and even a handsome Prince Charming. Alberta Ballet brings to life the lovable fairytale, Cinderella, as part of their 45th season.
- New documentary tackles controversy surrounding the pink ribbon brand
- Peter Pan’ adaptation brings the British pantomime to Calgary
- A little Calgary band with a big world sound
- Not your ordinary Christmas show
- ‘Any Night’ captivates at Pumphouse Theatre
- Lunchbox Theatre premieres comedy ‘Last Christmas’