- Published on Monday, 22 April 2013 20:23
Friendship and jealousy come with sharing everything
Produced by Devon Jolie, Jenica Foster and Scott Kingsmith
Imagine being with your best friend at every moment of every day.
You share your birthday.
You even share your DNA.
This is how 36-year-old Michelle Smith describes being a twin. She says it's like, "having a best friend from grade 1."
- Published on Monday, 22 April 2013 19:59
Disabled sports star giving back to the age that gave him opportunity
Produced by Danielle Harder and Courtney Taylor
Leaning to get underneath the seven-foot entrance of Master's Academy gymnasium is how Greg Stewart approaches every doorway.
At 7'2", Stewart is anything but shy and always commands attention when stepping into a room, with his broad physique and confident personality instantly starting conversation.
However, what you may not notice right away about the 26-year-old is that he only has his right arm.
- Published on Thursday, 18 April 2013 18:18
Thousands fled Venezuela labelled as "traitors"
Produced by Eva Colmenero
It's February 2003.
My dad receives a call from his boss late at night, who indicates there's a search and seizure warrant with my dad's name and our address written on it.
My father is a suspect in hacking the state's oil company during Venezuela's nation-wide strike. The reason — he has a company laptop in his possession.
- Published on Thursday, 18 April 2013 18:06
Young welding extraordinaire promotes work through unique business
Produced by Jeremy Thompson and Michael Coles
An Okotoks high-school student is creating sparks in the local art scene.
Kalen Wolfe, a 19-year-old grade 12 student, has been welding household items, such as forks, spoons and knives, and turning them into unique art pieces that are being sold in Calgary.
A specialty store in Inglewood, called reWORKS, has one of Wolfe's cutlery crocodiles on display.
- Independent Calgary designer combines passion for fashion, architecture
- Tattoo cover-ups rising in popularity
- Mothers still face negativity over breastfeeding in public
- Independent filmmaker has no regrets making first feature ‘Eli Regrets’
- Calgary figure skater trains for Olympic gold
- Weather limits outdoor training opportunities for Olympic hopefuls