- Written by Malak Amche Malak Amche
- Published: 29 September 2016 29 September 2016
Two phone calls changed Calgary real estate agent Wasim Elafech’s life.
- Written by Brandon Tucker Brandon Tucker
- Published: 28 September 2016 28 September 2016
When someone mentions the names Bill Burr, Jerry Seinfeld, or Jon Lajoie, the last thing that comes to mind is seriousness.
These are all successful comedians who thrive in the ridiculous nature of life, and who have built their careers off jokes. However, Lajoie is now breaking off from his very successful career in comedy to pursue the world of serious music.
- Written by Jolene Rudisuela Jolene Rudisuela
- Published: 03 June 2016 03 June 2016
How the summer of 2015 marked a turning point in Christian Hudson’s musical career
18-year-old Christian Hudson stood on stage at the 2015 Calgary Stampede Talent Search preparing to perform, having never been to a guitar or singing lesson in his life.
Hudson had already made it through to the finals and would soon play his last performance in front of hundreds of listeners and a panel of judges.
- Written by Emily Thwaites Emily Thwaites
- Published: 27 April 2016 27 April 2016
From performing solo at local venues to a sold-out JunoFest show with his band, the up-and-coming artist has a promising future ahead
It was the CD release party for the Mitch Belot Band, a local group that describe their sound as ‘swampy blues rock’ with a few alternative and country elements. Held in a tiny tasting room in the upstairs of Village Brewery in March 2015, lead singer Belot says this first gig with the band was his greatest performance to date.