- Published on Tuesday, 31 January 2012 14:01
- Written by JORDAN SIMPSON
SETWAY first step towards new LRT line
The City of Calgary held the first of three information sessions in the community of Riverbend Tuesday to introduce a new plan to improve transit in the southeast.
The Southeast Transitway, or SETWAY, is a project to create bus-only lanes as the first step in building a LRT line through the quadrant.
- Published on Friday, 27 January 2012 11:58
- Written by JODI EGAN
SAIT's new construction project management program to deal with demand
It's become increasingly difficult to drive the streets and avenues of Calgary without running into a bright orange barricade indicating a detour or closed lane.
- Published on Friday, 27 January 2012 11:26
- Written by TREVOR PRESILOSKI
Bartender values new impaired driving laws over personal profit, even if at a loss
Paying the bills has been a challenge for Ryan McEathron, 27. After travelling abroad for eight months, McEathron, went back to his old job as a bartender at Dickens Pub in Calgary with $8,000 worth of debt hanging over his head.
- Published on Friday, 27 January 2012 11:07
- Written by SHARDAY ISAAC
Winter's bite doesn't stop customers from lining up
Calgary's food truck industry is learning to adapt to the long, sometimes harsh winters.
For the customers they serve, it's normally a tough decision when scanning a gourmet, mobile-meal menu, but standing in line outside in the middle of January catching whiffs of the savoury meats and hot 'n' homemade soup could make those choices no contest for any chilled customer.
- The Good Life Community Bike Shop lease at Eau Claire terminated
- City council continues debate on Bike Share program
- CBE trustees pass new funding policy
- MRU now offers full teaching accreditation to graduates
- Calgary celebrates Chinese New Year's Eve with a bang
- Ice sculptures honour 30th anniversary of Alberta twinning with Heilongjiang