- Published on Thursday, 17 January 2013 16:19 17 January 2013
- Written by GUILLERMO BARRAZA GUILLERMO BARRAZA
Members of the 501st Badlands Garrison suit up to help put smiles on kids' faces
Since the first Stormtroopers filed out of a transport ship in George Lucas' Star Wars, many have dreamt about travelling across the galaxy in search of adventure.
- Published on Thursday, 17 January 2013 15:41 17 January 2013
- Written by HANNAH KOST HANNAH KOST
City council receives complaints about tickets, timing
The City of Calgary is examining the hours of snow-route parking bans after receiving feedback that the 6 a.m. schedule is interfering with Calgarians heading to work.
The current program requires that cars parked along major roadways and bus routes — identified by street signs — be moved after five centimetres of snow has collected on city streets, or a snow event has been declared.
- Published on Thursday, 17 January 2013 13:22 17 January 2013
- Written by GARRETT HARVEY GARRETT HARVEY
Formal training not required in Alberta
Albertans looking to challenge driving offences should be careful about who they hire to help them. Some people may turn to a traffic agent, a person who can — for a fee — represent you in traffic court.
The problem is that such agents don't need to be certified or experienced.
- Published on Thursday, 17 January 2013 12:45 17 January 2013
- Written by JESSICA RYAN JESSICA RYAN
Some question the value of an arts degree, others defend it
Calgary universities say that art degrees will lead to jobs, despite prominent claims to the contrary.