- Written by Trevor Solway Trevor Solway
- Published: 29 November 2016 29 November 2016
What is Treaty 7?
Treaty 7 was signed on Sept. 21, 1877 between the Blackfoot Confederacy, Tsuut’ina Nation, Stoney-Nakoda Nation and Her Majesty Queen Victoria. Legally, the treaty, called iniitsii in Blackfoot, meant that Indigenous people would relinquish their traditional territory and allow European settlers to... well, settle.
- Written by Savaya Shinkaruk Savaya Shinkaruk
- Published: 05 November 2016 05 November 2016
There were nearly 900 million websites in the world in 2015, according to Internet Live Stats.
Fast-forward to now, and the number balloons to just over 1 billion.
- Written by Anna Junker Anna Junker
- Published: 01 November 2016 01 November 2016
If you want to visit World War I memorials, go in August where the grass is at its greenest.
It provides a stark contrast to the grey headstones of buried soldiers. Visit it the early afternoon, preferably when it is raining. The overcast skies and the pattering of the rain against the leaves and muddy ground create a background sound to otherwise entirely silent surroundings.
- Written by Nicole Auger Nicole Auger
- Published: 13 October 2016 13 October 2016
It was early in the morning and the room was still dark as Joy Thunder found herself head down, crying into a mattress.