Arts and Entertainment
- Written by Shaunda Lamont Shaunda Lamont
- Published: 06 December 2016 06 December 2016
Heather Pant was always an artist. At the age of 11, she started oil painting. However, she did not pursue a full time career in painting until she moved to Calgary eight years ago. It was Alberta's rich scenery that sparked her passion for painting landscapes. Click here for more.
- Written by Tawnya Plain Eagle Tawnya Plain Eagle
- Published: 26 November 2016 26 November 2016
Blaire Russell grew up immersed in the storytelling tradition of the Blackfoot people in southern Alberta. But despite growing up in a family of painters and drawers, Russell gravitated to another visual medium to express himself: photography. While growing up on The Blood Tribe and learning about his culture, he combined it with his passion for photography and incorporated it in his work later in life.
- Written by Peter Brand Peter Brand
- Published: 22 November 2016 22 November 2016
The rise of the underdog, hard work for the better. It’s a story everyone knows but few have a local face to identify with. As a child, he was the outcast. As a young man, he was the high school drop out. No one saw him coming. Meet Kalman Goudkuil, owner of True Rhythm, now living his dreams of working with some of the biggest celebrities in the world of rap and hip-hop. Read on for more of his remarkable journey.
- Written by Tatianna Ducklow Tatianna Ducklow
- Published: 16 November 2016 16 November 2016
In the heart of downtown Calgary, Alta. the iconic Lougheed House celebrated their 125th anniversary with a special exhibit dedicated to wedding fashion history. The event, which was launched this past summer, lasted until Oct. 16 to display the history of weddings in Alberta.